Grid Operators and Energy Markets Menu including RTOs, ISOs
- Page Description - Information and Content about RTOs, ISOs, and Grid
Operators - Resources.
- The Consortium for Electric Reliability Technology Solutions - (CERTS)
- was formed in 1999 to research, develop, and disseminate new methods, tools, and technologies to protect and enhance the reliability of the U.S. electric power system and efficiency of competitive electricity markets. CERTS' objective in the area of Reliability and Markets is to conduct science-based research to understand how to design (as well as test and monitor) fair and transparent markets that will efficiently provide reliable electricity to consumers. As an impartial third party, CERTS can make technically sound investigations based on consistent economic principles, including investigations of market operations to understand current market events (e.g., price spikes) and analysis of the likely effects of proposed market design changes. Deepening the understanding of market operations will both decrease the need to interfere with the market (e.g., through price caps) and provide guidance to support operating decisions that improve reliability and market performance.
- FERC - RTOs and ISOs -
- IRC - ISO/RTO Council - Company
- ISO/RTO rules related to management of variable generation -
by NERC -